Sounds – Reviews
- A good article on SF Bay Area Cuban Music
- Descarga.com's review of our CD En Canto
- LaSalsaEsMiVida.com's review of our CD Encanto (Spanish)
- A review of our CD, Goza Conmigo at rootsworld.com
- LatinoForce.com's review of Goza Conmigo
- LatinBeatMagazine's review of Goza Conmigo
- LatinBeatMagazine's review of Danzonemos
- Danzonemos reviewed by Ink 19
- Danzonemos selected as one of the top 10 world music CDs by globalnotesmusic.com
- Listen to Latest CDs
- Listen to interviews
- Watch Videos
"Orquesta La Moderna Tradición continues to produce some of the finest danzón-charanga dance material anywhere....Gorgeous."
Bruce Polin, descarga.com says of their latest CD, En Canto
Peter Watrous, New York Times
"Richly authentic... old wine in a new bottle for a younger generation to savor"
Jesse Varela, Latin Beat Magazine
Desde la primera nota, tendrá que saltar de su asiento! Orquesta La Moderna Tradición estalla con el sonido dulce pero potente de la orquesta de charanga afrocubana
LaSalsaEsMiVida.com says of their CD En Canto
"It's cadence is so sensual that it's virtually irresistible!"
Enrique Fernandez, Miami Sun Sentinel
"Phenomenal music... a joy and a real delight, the kind of record that playfully reminds one of the connections between music across oceans, cultures and centuries."
James Lien, CMJ online says of their first CD, Danzonemos
"Records like this make the planet larger and more mysterious... Imagine a blend of Tito Puente and a tango, and you'll begin to get an idea of the power and beauty of this music"
Sarah Ludwig, Ink 19